We’re excited to announce our bioethics course line-up for the Spring 2017 semester. This is a tentative list that will be updated in the coming months, but each of the listed courses below is available for pre-registration. All courses listed also count towards the bioethics minor.
Courses in the Department of Philosophy
- *PHIL 105-01: Bioethics · Jacob C. Earl
- *PHIL 105-02: Bioethics · Sean Aas
- *PHIL 105-03: Bioethics · McKay Holland
- PHIL 124-01: Ethics and the Environment · Anthony Adam Manela
- PHIL 124-02: Ethics and the Environment · Anthony Adam Manela
- **PHIL 215-01: Philosophy of Science · James M. Mattingly
- PHIL 233-01: Moral Psychology · Alisa Carse
Courses Outside the Department of Philosophy
- BIOL 262-01: Shaping National Science Policy · Francis Slakey; Arjun Dhillon
- HSCI 419: Environmental Justice · Rosemary Sokas
- *HEST 254-01: Introduction to Healthcare Ethics · Sarah Vittone
- ***NSCI 499-01: Introduction to Neuroethics · James Giordano
- PHYS 202-01: Shaping National Science Policy · Francis Slakey; Arjun Dhillon
- THEO 145-70: Islam, Culture, and Bioethics · Ayman Shabana
*Students may take either PHIL 105 or HEST 254 toward the minor but not both; these courses are mutually exclusive.
**In order for this course to count toward the Philosophy and Bioethics minor, prior permission (before taking the class) is required from Laura J. Bishop, advisor on the Philosophy and Bioethics minor.
***Undergraduates must seek prior permission from Prof. Giordano to enroll in this course.