KIE Director Maggie Little was featured in a photo exhibition of “Extraordinary Georgetown Women” on Tuesday, October 10. The exhibition celebrates Georgetown women making a global impact and is part of an event organized by Women on the Map, a digitally driven women’s leadership organization supported by Georgetown University, and the Georgetown Women’s Alliance.
The event featured a panel discussion on advancing women’s leadership in technology and international relations. Panelists included
- Victoria A. Espinel, President and CEO, BSA, The Software Alliance
- Lisa Singh, Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, Georgetown University
- Prachi Vakharia, Managing Director, Womanium
- Ria Bailey-Galvis, International Policy, Google
- Moderator: Gwen K. Young, Director, Women in Public Service Project, Global Women Leadership Initiative, The Wilson Center
The event also included a virtual reality experience and an interactive art installation paired with a social media campaign to put #womenonthemap. The event was supported by Georgetown Global Engagement, Gelardin New Media Center, and the School of Foreign Service Graduate Career Center.