Our scholars are working with other leading experts to help provide ethical guidance in high-level healthcare policies and in day-to-day life during the COVID-19 pandemic. A sample of their direct public engagement can be found here. Want more COVID-19 news and resources? Visit our stand-alone COVID-19 page.
The Kennedy Institute of Ethics is pleased to bring to your attention that Georgetown University’s Pellegrino Center for Clinical Bioethics and the Catholic Health Association will be presenting a series of Thursday webinars on topics in clinical ethics related to COVID-19.
Acting Director at the KIE Dr. Daniel Sulmasy on Bioethics during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Hastings Center Bioethics Forum: Clinical Trials vs. Right to Try: Ethical Use of Chloroquine for Covid-19 (Dr. Robert Veatch)
- The Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal announces a special emergency, open-access issue on Ethics, Pandemics, and COVID-19
- The Hastings Center Report – Should Institutions Disclose the Names of Employees with Covid-19? (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy and Dr. Robert Veatch)
- The Pellegrino Center for Clinical Bioethics, Georgetown University Medical Center – Ethical Principles of Resource Allocation In the Event of an Overwhelming Surge of COVID-19 Patients (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- The Bioethics Research Library – COVID-19: Ethics Resources
KIE in the News
- Washingtonian: Daniel Sulmasy to Be Featured in Virtual Event on Covid-19 Medical Ethics (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- Inverse – COVID-19: This Simple Act is the Most Patriotic Thing you Can do Right Now (Dr. Carol Taylor)
- The Kojo Nnamdi Show – Ethicists Tackle the Pandemic’s Moral Dilemmas (Dr. Karen Stohr)
- Voice of America – What Will The Post-COVID New Normal Look Like in the US? (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- One Zero – ‘Immunity Passports’ Could Create a New Category of Privilege (Dr. Sean Aas)
- New York Daily News – Respirators, our rights, right and wrong: Medical ethics in an age of coronavirus (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- Tablet – The virus and the common good (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- NBC Nightly News – Coronavirus patients face challenges in trying experimental treatments (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- Courthouse News Service – Ventilator Ethics: National Supply Is Days Away From Peak Use (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy)
- Washingtonian – Ask A Coronavirus Ethicist (Dr. Daniel Sulmasy and Dr. Karen Stohr)
- Medium – Is Grocery Delivery Ethical During a Pandemic? (Dr. Karen Stohr)
- Georgetown News – Experts Say PPE Distribution an Ethical Concern During Current Pandemic (Dr. Carol Taylor)
Acting Director Dr. Daniel Sulmasy speaks on The Berkley Center’s “The COVID-19 Crisis and Challenges to the Common Good” webinar.
Acting Director Dr. Daniel Sulmasy speaks on “Lessons after the Lockdown: Public Health, Economics, and the Common Good“